Wednesday 24 July 2024

Cooler weather & Flowers

It feels so good to be wearing a light cardigan after the weeks of hot weather.  No surprise to anyone but I'm baking today,.  Grandson M loves the cheese buns I make and of course we were out of those last week already. So the breadmaker is on and later I'll make those.

The old PG Hydrangea is enormous and almost covers the front arbour. At this point no one can sit on the bench.  I do cut off the branches that poke into the walkway but other than that no pruning is done.

 

When we walked yesterday morning the sun shone on the fountain in the lake and caused a rainbow effect.
There's a boat on the water in the distance.  You can see it better in the next picture.

I have PG Hydrangeas, and regular Mopheads, but I don't have a lace cap so Eldest Daughter brought me a bouquet of those. I put it on the picnic table outside ( next to the freezer).

Another bouquet, this one for the diningroom table.  This one was courtesy of Middle Son.


I'm off to look through my recipes to see what else I should bake. 

Thanks for visiting 🌼🌼🌼


 

11 comments:

  1. That is a very happy hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful children you have, spoiling you with such beautiful flowers. Your white hydrangea is gorgeous - I believe they grow quite big! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the rainbow the fountain made!!
    Beautiful bouquet of flowers from your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have people to bake for like you do so I do very little baking anymore. I enjoy hearing about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hydrangea is a happy, happy plant! You must be doing something right. Your kids definitely know that you love flowers don't they? Two gorgeous bouqets.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hydrangea is massive! What a beauty. Your garden looks quite interesting, actually.
    I guess my blue/lavender hydrangea is a lace-cap variety. It is so pretty, but doesn't have many blooms on it because it is too shaded, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it's cooler by you. Aren't you blessed to have such thoughtful children bringing you beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous flowers!!I love hydrangeas...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are beautiful...all of them! I'm looking forward to hearing what you decided to bake. These cooler temperatures have been wonderful. We even had a bit of rain during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cheese bun was sooo good! I couldn't wait until dinner :) I used to think the lace cap hydrangeas were the least attractive but I have grown to love their more subtle charms.- Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed by that white hydrangea -- and it seems to be in full sun. I don't think they could take that much sun around here. We have to grow them in partial shade and/or on the north side of a house. But it's been 5-6 years since I've had one.

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete