Monday 8 July 2024

Monday Flowers and Berries

 

 We walked at Willband yesterday before the day became too hot  Like most of North America we're experiencing very hot weather.  ( The photo was taken by S.G., a fellow walker).  This morning we were back to walking closer to home.  I spent an hour watering my gardens when we got back. Everything is doing fine...as long as I keep watering.

The Annabelle Hydrangeas are doing great. The one in the foreground is Strawberry Sundae but her flowers haven't developed the pink tinges yet. I can't remember how soon they turned colour last year.


Lavender loves the sunshine!!



On our way back from Willband yesterday we stopped at a blueberry farm where a man was putting up
a Blueberries for Sale sign. We turned in and became their first customers not only of the day but the season. They had just opened for business. We bought 3 boxes which will be shared with various members of the family.  No doubt we'll go back for more next week because we're all big fans of those big blue berries.

I better get back to doing my laundry.

Have a lovely day.




14 comments:

  1. Your Annabelles look great. Annabelle didn't love us here and ours have slowly diminished to almost nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to see your garden in flower - and nice to dream about fresh blueberries! We have thick fog today, for the fourth day in a row. It is dreary, so I find it nice to see your pretty pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been a lovely walk. Such awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is certainly warm these days. Our blueberries are beginning to ripen, too. They are wonderfully tasty. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello GM! Your garden looks happy and healthy in all this warm and dry weather. My what beautiful blueberries and so good for you too! Sounds like it's time for some blueberry scones or blueberry buckle, or even lemon blueberry muffins! Yum! That is if you can stand to turn the oven on in all this heat. Happy eating whatever you choose to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love blueberries. Seems like where we are is the only place that isn't hot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit your garden! You have such pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we grew blueberries here! You lavender looks lovely, I'm sure the bees are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, I love blueberries. Fortunately, we also have them now that the strawberry harvest in the fields has been completed.
    Summer is back here for me, now I have to water the garden too... I have a hose with a pump and the water is rainwater... we have plenty of it.
    Many greetings to you. Happy Tuesday.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hydrangeas are so huge! They must love their location on your yard. I'm envious at all those blueberries. Yum! I can only imagine the various delicious recipes you'll use them in. Send some my way, lol.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers are beautiful! I will need to water mine today as we are expecting a high of 93F and only cooling off to 76F tonight.
    The blueberries look so good. Most of our blueberries are the large ones also. Have a wonderful remainder to your week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The berries look fantastic. I haven't bought any blueberries since I served some at a tea party. They are the cutest, tidiest fruit and so easy to display on a tea table. But most importantly, so easy to eat!

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is colorful and fantastic!!
    Lavender sure smells great! Blueberries are very healthy and it's good to have them in your diet!!
    Have a great day Grandma Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I have Annabelle in the garden somebody gave it to me. It is in full bloom at the moment. The blueberries 🫐 look very good and tasty!

    ReplyDelete