Thursday 10 October 2019

Morning Walk

We had our first frost last night.  Car windows needed scraping but M got there first and left his hand prints.


             I brought in that late Iris. I wonder if that bud will actually open too.


I found my mystery tree in the park. It's a Silver Maple ( as some of you had thought it was).



               The ground was littered with fallen leaves and I brought a few more home.


The sun is shining and I hope to finish planting my bulbs this afternoon.  Meanwhile I'm trying a new recipe for fruit bread that I found in a Recipes for Children book. It looked simple enough and fast to throw together but so far the dough is NOT rising. If it doesn't turn out I don't think I'll try any of the other recipes. A good way to discourage kids from baking is to have recipes that fail.

I hope your day is a good one.    GM







9 comments:

  1. I love this time of year! Hope that Iris bud opens for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't been that cold here yet, but I'm sure it won't be long now.
    I really need to get some bulbs planted too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had chilly mornings but so far no frost. I'm hoping it stays that way for a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, now I see that your leaves are really white...not that the ones I found weren't. But just totally different. (I saw the other post on my phone.) We have not had frost yet! Still got the AC on, though if it were me, I would kick on the heat to take the chill off the house every morn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your iris is just beautiful, and so late isn't it? I love silver maples ….I always thought the backs of those leaves looked like velvet ….and when the wind is blowing their leaves can just sparkle in the breeze! Oh you had your first frost....we haven't had one yet...but it won't be long! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's lovely! it was cold here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen an iris bloom so late. It sure is beautiful. I have silver maples. At first, I didn't like them, but I've grown to appreciate them and the fact that I don't live where autumn color is dramatic. I see more of the beauty now in the muted colors of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really looks like fall there and now with that first frost, I'm sure it feel that way too. I like M's little hand prints. We could get up to 80 degrees today but the last few days have felt like fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those silver leaves are stunning. I agree about the cookbook :(

    ReplyDelete