Tuesday 8 October 2019

Tuesday's Treasures

I went off to the thrift store to say Hi to the ladies there and to see what looked interesting. 
This pretty little teacup was marked down. Guess no one wanted it but I have the perfect spot for it .


I get tired of the same old place mats so these came home with me. .25 each is a price that can't be beat.


These Autumn-print ones are three quarter sized. Just right for lunch time,  and they even came with matching napkins.


There's a chilly breeze today and we had some showers but the forecast for tomorrow and the day after is for sunshine .  I plan on planting my bulbs and DH will get  the garlic planted. He bought a small roll of wire that we can roll out over the garlic and pieces that I can cut off to put over my bulbs so those dratted squirrels don't come along and dig them out. Nor the neighbourhood cats use the area as their bathroom.

Hope you're having a lovely day,


           Granny Marigold




9 comments:

  1. What a pretty teacup you picked up today and pretty fall place mates. Like the first ones too. Looks like someone made them out of curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty cup and saucer for you collection! This one looks so delicate. I have napkins made of the same material as your placemats. I haven't even purchased flower bulbs yet. I'd better get on it or it will be too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that teacup....and the placemats....you got a great deal on them. And they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are such lovely finds! I love the placemats! that teacup is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the prettiest things at the thrift shops. That is my favorite place to shop lately. You never know what treasure you will find and the prices can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cup! Squirrels can spoil the fun of gardening sometimes. 😔

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always room for one more teacup! I have one particular antiques and collectible mall that I am addicted to. I want to go there every time I am in town. It has now been almost three weeks, and it is killing me! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use rolls of wire for similar purposes as well as trellises and support cages

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra, Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. I see your blog is 'by invitation only'. I sure wouldn't mind being allowed access if you're okay with that.

    ReplyDelete