Thursday 24 October 2019

My Morning Walk

Cloudy sky this morning and 7C  45F . No wind at all so it was so pleasant walking. I know you've seen lots of pictures of the lake I walk by but if you're like me you don't get tired of it. 






I made sure my walk would take me past the little lending library. I dropped off 3 books I was done with ( including the cute and colourful cookbook).



Sometimes when I get here the books are a mess and I straighten them out, but today someone else must have done it.


Yesterday I brought home these pretty leaves and pressed them briefly in the phone book ( heaviest book I had at hand). I didn't leave them there long enough so after I Modge Podged them they curled a bit.  I like them anyway.  I always wish I could identify the various trees we have. I wonder what tree these came from.


Besides my walk I have not done much so far. Tidied the house and put in a load of laundry. I took some pie dough out of the freezer. This afternoon I'll make an apple pie. I thought I'd add some fresh cranberries to the apple filling. I bought extra when they were on sale just before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for visiting today.  

Please leave a comment so I know you were here.


Granny Marigold




15 comments:

  1. enjoyed the walk round the lake and the beautiful scenery. Like the little library...one of our scouts wanted to put one in the church for an Eagle project, he was told no by the priest. People will use it to put nasty magazines in. If they do that then I would say the pastor isn't doing his job. So the sharing of the nice books with others did not pan out. Like so much, yielded to the the wants of the darker side. A constant battle. Press on. I'm glad that somebody put the nice book keeper there for you to enjoy and keep tidy. Apple pie...mmmm you having it with vanilla ice cream on top :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arent the trees such stunning colours now the leaves are changing into their Autumn dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful autumn walk. I wish we had a little free library like that near us, it's a wonderful idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I never tire of seeing other's ponds/water...enjoy all the moods. I love those leaves and wonder if someone will identify them. They are sure beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colorful trees add so much to our walks right now. We visited a special garden which I will post about when I get time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen pictures of those little libraries before, I think they're great. We don't have them in my part of the world. I hope you enjoy the pie, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures today. I love that little library....I don't think we have any near us. Those might be elm leaves...at least that's what they remind me of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good use for an old newspaper box! I haven't seen a little library like that before.

    Wherever one walks out of doors, every day there is at least some little thing that is changed from the day before. When you do the same walk frequently, it is like visiting with a friend in all his different moods and stages of life. I'm glad you have your lake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel we've had a more colourful Fall than some other years. I wonder if it was those frosty days that did it. When we are in Oliver we often ride our bikes past the Free Little Library there and exchange a few books. The cranberries were on sale at Superstore for 34 cents a bag after Thanksgiving, needless to say I bought quite a few!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lake looks like a lovely place to walk around, and I love the autumn colour in the trees and those leaves you collected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since I am one of your newer followers, the lake is new to me. I love it! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to guess elm leaves, too. I love little free libraries. We're blessed to have several in my area. Maybe because we're backwoodsy and we tend to read a lot. We also have lots of tourists in the summer who like to grab a book to read on rainy days. I know what you mean. I never tire of the view out my window either. The pie sounds delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to read about your walk. Sounds a lot like mine. : ) What time do you go? Maybe we're out walking at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty walk, GM! I'm always tempted to bring home leaves but sometimes they get too crispy or are hard to carry without ruining them. It's snowing here today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cranberries will add lots of flavor and zip to the apples, I think. Nice choice! I LOVE those little lending libraries! They are so cute and so neighborly. And that old newspaper vending machine is so perfect for that purpose! Looks very tidy.

    ReplyDelete