Monday 14 October 2019

Thanksgiving ( in Canada)





We had our thanksgiving meal yesterday ( Sunday) and it was lovely.  The turkey didn't turn out dry and the ham, they tell me, was delicious. We had all kinds of sides and finished with the pumpkin pies and my DIL and GD made a vegan sugar free sort of cheesecake  ( with no cream cheese) which was so tasty.  DIL avoids sugar and my GD  avoids dairy products. The recipe they used called for cashews soaked in water for 12 hours then blenderized instead of any dairy.

It's quite a nice day again today (13C. or 55F).  I think I'll go sit on the porch and read for a while 
 ( I'll see if I'm warm enough out there).

Thanks to those who wished us a happy thanksgiving. That was sweet of you.

G.M.

11 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious!
    We had a lovely day here in the Seattle area today with sunshine and warm-ish temperatures, and we spent most of the day working outside. We got all of the tulips planted, which required cleaning out some beds before we could do that. When big job checked off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am late....Happy Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving sweet lady. Trying to catch up wanted to stop by one of my favorite places to visit. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Thanksgiving Granny! We're out on the Coast enjoying a wonderful holiday and had our dinner last night. Glad yours went well!

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late too, Happy Thanksgiving. I sure am looking for to our Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy late Thanksgiving! It all sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about the "cheesecake: - did it have stevia for sweetening, do you know?

    A belated HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they used some honey. It wasn't very sweet at all so probably not much was added.

      Delete
  9. Your Thanksgiving celebration sounds wonderful and delicious. Isn't it nice that there are now so many recipes to make for all of the different dietary needs? The cheesecake sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an innovative recipe! Glad it was a lovely day with family.

    ReplyDelete