Tuesday 29 October 2019

Tuesday's Treasures


We have had the same Christmas CD's for so many years and I went looking for some 'new' ones, which the thrift store had plenty of. I found a nice mix from classical to Blue Grass which will especially please DH. I want to wait until November to play any but it's very tempting to listen to one or two sooner. I know, many of you are horrified that I listen to Christmas music so early in the season but why not?  Makes me happy!!


This adorable Susan Branch book was .50. I love all her books!! And her blog.


I make scones and biscuits often and I'll have fun browsing though this little cookbook. ( lots of coloured pictures too)


No teacups today. Oh, there were lots available but none that I really really wanted and none that were half price either.  This little bone china pitcher was marked down however and I mean to use it. One of you dear followers mentioned just recently how much nicer it is to pour milk or cream from a pitcher rather than from the big jug. I agree!


We've had chilly mornings and clear sunny days this week. Lovely weather. DH has been making some rustic Christmas trees out of used (free) wood pallets.  Yes, I mentioned the C word again. Sorry.

I hope you're having a great day!  Thanks for visiting.


Granny Marigold


15 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new Christmas music, and didnt know that you could find Bluegrass! I'd love to know which CD that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, on mentioning the C Word. Christmas is the only holiday I really get into. (Of course, the family always gathers around the Easter and Thanksgiving table at our house, but...) I am always tempted to completely skip Halloween and Thanksgiving and go right into Christmas. Actually, I have already brought out one old arrangement that looks an awfully lot like Christmas. Maybe, I will go play some Christmas music right now! The Susan Branch book is a real steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little picture.
    Way too early for me to think about Christmas, but it will be here before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even want to think about Christmas yet. I may be losing my Christmas spirit. Oh dear.
    We have been using this cold dry weather to get lots of work done in the yard. It's making us tired, but it's a satisfied tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a firm rule here that Christmas music cannot be played until we are cleaning up the dishes from Thanksgiving dinner. When we were kids my cousin Linda played Christmas songs on the piano for us to sing along to while cleaning up... she never had to do dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can we spread happiness to those around us if we are not happy ourselves? Please listen to your music at every opportunity, let it make you happy, and your family will be blessed by your cheerfulness. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listen to my Christmas cd's early sometimes, usually just before Thanksgiving here. You found a good collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe all the good Christmas CD's you found. My neighbor stopped by one day last week and had a Christmas CD playing in her car. I love Christmas music too. You find such special things at the thrift store. Little pitchers are so cute. Mama loved them too. I need to start using one for my coffee milk. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you girl with all your great finds. I am coming to go shopping with you! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not horrified in the least as I share your love of Christmas music. I have one CD in the car that has even been played in the summertime. To me it is some of the most comforting music there is so why not play it when one could use a bit of comforting. I also share your love of Susan Branch. I have that same book and enjoy it immensely. Along the Christmas lines, just yesterday I did a major sort through my wrapping supplies and re-arranged the cupboard where I store them. I even wrapped one present for my grandson. Never too early in my book :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think playing Christmas music at home is so different to it blaring in stores. It is your home to do as you wish....I had another blog friend that loves Susan Branch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Christmas feeling and I'm okay that it's not yet Halloween. Since we have had so much snow, it feels like the holidays here. It's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find the neatest things. Hope you enjoy your 'new' books and I can't wait for Christmas! I was looking through my Christmas CDs the other day, I am so ready.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pouring milk or cream out a sweet pitcher, is just so much more fun. Good find on your cd's. I havn't been in awhile to Goodwill. Something should go out before I bring something else in. I've pared it down pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Granny Marigold! Love your blog! Our weather here in Washington where I live seems to be just like yours. We had a chilly October for us. Yes...Christmas is almost here...always seems like 2 weeks after Halloween....it's Christmas....my favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete