Friday 18 October 2019

Purse Charms and an Old Bible




It's been a busy week.  Youngest son's birthday was yesterday. He and his partner and her son came for Black Forest cake in the evening.  Today is my oldest daughter's birthday and she came for breakfast which was crepes ( which is what she requested).  After breakfast she worked on some purse charms for me. You may have seen some on Pinterest or even on someone's purse! Here are a couple of pictures that I took off Pinterest.






                                              
                                     These are two she made for me.






She brought me a very heavy old Bible that she had found. It has many bits of papers and old cards in it.  Makes me think of  the Forgotten Bookmarks book that I recently bought.  There's even an old pressed rose.





One might think it was MY birthday, not hers, since she ended up bringing me gifts!

I hope your week was a good one and that you'll have a pleasant weekend.

Thanks for coming by,   GM

13 comments:

  1. Your daughter has given you treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bible made me think of that book you bought immediately. I so wish we were neighbors till I could look at either book...LOL Well, in the Bible of today's case...I just want to look at what was in it. I have Bibles of my own to look at...LOL

    The purse charms are pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old Bible; wish I could sit and look at it with you. I'll go back and look for the Forgotten bookmarks book. You will enjoy your purse charms, for sure, and think of your daughter every time you look at them. Daughters are such a delight. Mine came to see me today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your children! What a wonderful find that old Bible is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not come across purse charms before. My handbag is going to get one! It must have been a very much loved Bible to be full of little treasures like that. I especially loved the bookmarks - bookmarks are a bit of a weakness of mine, even though I do not read a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son and your daughter. Your daughter sounds like my two, always giving me more than I give them. The purse charms are so pretty. First I've heard of them. That old Bible is wonderful. It's so neat to look at old notes and cards like those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure the old Bible is!!
    Happy Birthday to both your kids,almost born on the same day.
    What a nice daughter to give you such thoughtful gifts! You are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purse charms. Those bookmarks reminded me of the ones we used to get in our Sunday School Christmas package. Sounds like you had a lovely visit. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is a sweet heart ♡ lovely gifts.
    What a treasure that Bible will be.

    So nice to visit with you this evening ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that old Bible, it is really moving to see the pressed flower inside. Really glad I found your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a big family birthday week :) The Bible is neat - what stories all those bits of paper could tell! And the rose ... don't you wonder why she kept it (whoever SHE is?) The purse charms are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's really beautiful, the Bible and the things within it! so nice of your daughter to create the purse charms for her! I bet she just loved the crepes! God bless you and all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely time with you family. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't get your blog updates, I re added you to my list and now you are there, so I won't fall behind. Love a punkin patch. So simple and yet so utterly lovely. The purse charms are so pretty. Thank you for stopping over my place fora visit.

    ReplyDelete