Tuesday 14 March 2023

Pie for Pi day

 It's mostly cloudy today but there's a definite feeling of Spring in the air.  We had a lovely walk and watched the sunrise. When we came back I got the breadmaker going and took the pie dough out of the fridge to let it warm up a bit.  Since it is Pi day I thought I'd make DH's favourite which is cherry. I had  dough left from the last pie making day and it was just a matter of taking it out of the freezer last night and into the fridge to thaw overnight.



 


 The pies are done and the breadmaker is too so I'll get that in pans now. I hope your day is a good one. Thank you again for visiting and leaving lovely comments.   GM


Diane in northern wis.....you mentioned Watership Down in your latest comment and I just had to tell you how much my sons loved that book too!  Great memories. 


15 comments:

  1. I had forgotten it was pie day and I am off to the store soon, I see some hand pies for dessert tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pies on the left are darling and look delicious 🥧

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pies look so delicious. We celebrated Pi Day here too. Several people volunteered to bake pies and we had went to the community room and had a piece at 2:00. I had chocolate and it was SO good.
    Dennis said that at work, the owners mother brought a huge pot of gravy and homemade biscuits for breakfast for all of the employees. She also brought pies for after lunch. Apparently they do that all of the time. What a great place to work. :-)
    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too baked pie today but ours is a peach pie (from homemade pie filler that I freeze). It must be nice to have your new kitchen usable again for all your baking! Looks lovely with the new countertop!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. I always forget about all of these fun days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherry pie!! I could go for a slice please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No pie for us today but I did bake cookies. :) We had another winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imagine, dear Granny Marigold, one hour ago I made a kind of "pie" for my eldest son, who came back from hard work! But not sweet, but with ham, cheese and tomatoes! So it was happy pie-day here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, cherry pie! I tried one when in Utah and it was delicious. They're not something we seem to make here. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, we love cherry pie, too! Today we had blueberry pie, using our own blueberries which were frozen the past season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No pie here today but cherry is my daughter's birthday and I usually bake her one for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pie shapes! Would have never thought to put in that shape!
    They all look wonderful!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pies look delicious! Cherry pie is a favourite of mine. No pie here, my kitchen is mostly non-functional, although I manage to put together a simple dinner each evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cherry pie is hubby's favorite, too. Or used to be. Who knows now...his tastes have changed so much.

    ReplyDelete