Monday 3 July 2023

Full Moon

 

 Happy Monday!!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  I'm doing the usual laundry and also getting blueberries ready for the freezer. I was awake at 4:30 and by 5:30 I realized I wasn't going to get back to sleep so I got up and started my day. I spent an hour outside watering....the ground is so very dry. I have to choose which plants get watered and which will just have to cope with the drought.

Tonight is Full Moon. I got the following off the internet ( just in case you are interested).  I must admit I haven't felt a sense of something shifting within myself in spite of the fact that the year is now half over.


Tonight is The Full Stag Moon, so called because young male stags will start to grow their antlers at this time. It is also called the Thunder Moon because of the thunder storms brought on through the hot and humid air.
Change or be changed is the message of this Full Moon. Since the Summer Solstice you should have felt a sense of something shifting both within yourself and with the outside world, this is because we have crossed a line. The first half of the year is over. We have now entered the second half of the year. This a good time to look back over the last 6 months and look at what you have learned, what you have lost and what you have gained. Take lessons from what you have learned good or bad and use them in your future endeavours whether this be in work, relationships or family.
 
Thanks for popping in,  GM

7 comments:

  1. I did feel a shift into summer when we were away at the island. It's a feeling I would like to hang onto. I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I've felt a 'shift' as such, but it is a bit daunting to realize we've tipped into the 2nd half of the year--already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE this Blogpost very much!
    My sister also very early awake this morning, so I sent to her your text!

    I'm stag-fan! I LOVE to paint and draw stags and I produced a lot of iron-stags!. In the Christian mystic the stag has a divine meaning. Thank you very much or the Information!! I must say, that after solstice I always feel an inner change or development.. summer- and winter-solstice!.. Its always a challenge for me somehow, but I don't want to miss it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice Granny...and yes...to get the bird baths truly cleaned, I have to remove the rocks. I then clean the bath, then scrub the rock as best I can. It's a bit of a pain! Pretty colors but, more work. Looking for an alternative.
    Happy Independence Day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could send you some of our rain. :)
    Haven't felt a shift but it is sure hard to believe that half the year is already gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading about the Stag Moon. I've never heard that. I am an early riser too. Love to get up and get my day going. We are having very dry weather too. There have been storms and lots of rain all around but for some unknown reason the clouds open up and go on either side of our county. It's been this way for years. Maybe today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting read, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete