Tuesday 11 July 2023

Starched Pillow Covers

 I got it done!  It was frustrating because I put too much cornstarch into my water and after drying the pillow covers I realized I was never going to be able to iron them. They were incredibly stiff and hard. So I put them through a rinse cycle and hung them up again.  Even then they were very stiff but with a very hot iron and lots of steam I got them all ironed.



 Besides that I got some garden work done and not much else. I would have gotten my post done much earlier but I had some problems with my computer. #2 Son has ordered a new hard drive and hopefully that will help.


Thanks for popping by,  GM

12 comments:

  1. Your bed looks so invitingly beautiful. Wow on all the ironing, ruffles and all. I have a pair of linen pillow shams with ruffles all around, but I just let them flop whichever way they want to. Your starched and ironed ruffles bring back memories of my petticoats from long ago. Mary@Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful pillow covers. I know it was a lot of work, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows look so pretty. Do you watch Mary's videos of White Cottage Company? She would be proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillows are beautiful.
    The bed looks gorgeous.
    I also had problems with my PC today, I didn't get the font small in my entry for the blog... sent it like this anyway...
    many greetings to you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a bog project! They look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special art-work made by a long way of experiences! Wonderful pillows!! Special!!! Who makes the same? Maybe our Grandmothers, great heroes..
    Shitt, when computers make problems. Good to have a helping son, for him it's no problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful! I have never done starching from scratch like that, and haven't even used spray starch for many years...

    ReplyDelete