Wednesday 19 July 2023

Garage Sale Finds

In Sunday's post I mentioned the garage sale where I found lovely treasures. I forgot  to show the two Royal Albert teacups that were two dollars each!!  I'm always looking for the flower-of-the-month series and I was happy to find the May cup. I already have February (Purple Violets) and July ( Forget-me-nots). The May one is Lily of the Valley.

This teacup has no special name but is very pretty too.


Here they both are in the cupboard where most of my Royal Alberts are displayed. Middle of the third and fourth shelves.



 One last thing I got was this set of pot holders which I didn't even notice at the time  are not identical. Just imagine the precise folding and sewing necessary to make such a set.


 

Once again I hope I haven't gone on and on about my finds. It's a hobby that's fascinating to me but I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks for visiting. I always enjoy your comments, even the anonymous ones *smile*.


14 comments:

  1. Being a collector is a fun hobby. Each little trip is a treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your thrift store finds. I used to do go a lot, I always enjoyed just looking at everthing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the violet flowered teacup.
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE reading about your finds. It's so fun for me. I rarely get to garage sales myself. You found treasures for sure in those lovely cups.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We rarely have garage sales here, but I do enjoy seeing what there is to find. What lovely cups and only 2 dollars! That's a real find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like seeing your finds! Ha ha ha "cup of tea". Have a sweet day, GM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same May tea cup. I love your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cups are beautiful and I love the shelf where they are all displayed. I especially like the one with the lilies of the valley on it, I've never seen that pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Artwork-pot-holders!!!
    New old cups found a good place in your collection. They are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful potholders they are a great find! I would have bought them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty cups, and what fun to be able to add them to your amazing collection :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new teacup finds! So sweet!
    And the pot holders are lovely...
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cups! I had to force myself to pass up a garage sale this morning, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking for pink Morning Glories seeds look here: https://ferrymorse.com/products/morning-glory-giant-mixed-colors
    I'm not sure if this will print as a link, you might have to copy and paste. Thank you for your sweet comment about mine and your blogging friendship :)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete