Sunday 2 July 2023

Raspberries

The weather was perfect and our BBQ yesterday was a lot of fun.  Today after we walked we went to a U-pick Farm and picked 2 pails of raspberries. Also bought a 30 lb. box of Blueberries. I made 5 jars of raspberry jam and froze 6 bags for jam next winter. Haven't done anything with the Blueberries yet.




While we picked berries on the one side of the path the mechanical picker bumbled its way along the rows on the other side.

We're in for a stretch of hot days. Lots of watering of my plants every day. It definitely feels like Summer.

An anonymous follower has asked if I'd do a post about the challenges of raising 5 children. I really wouldn't know how to start. I made a lot of mistakes and I'm not sure anyone raises children and doesn't make mistakes. I don't think there were great challenges when they were younger. Teen years were more difficult. We made it though and we're still friends. All 5 live in this small city and we see a lots of each other.

 Thanks for coming by, 

         Have a good week,

               Granny M



7 comments:

  1. Raspberries were picked here this week, too, and there will be more to come. We have so many on our few canes. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fresh raspberries look so delicious I doubt I would be able to make jam - I'd be eating all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have room to grow raspberries, but we do have a farm nearby where I can buy them. They are such a part of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good GM! You are a star! Great mama and great granny! Happy berry eating! Looks like you had a lovely Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the berries look so beautiful that you picked! I love raspberries. I didn't know that you raised five children.....good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lucky to have such beautiful berries. My raspberries are not so big!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of lovely fruit!! 😍 raising 5 children is not easy! Bless you all

    ReplyDelete