Tuesday 25 July 2023

RAIN

Yesterday we finally got the rain we were hoping for. All day a soft rain fell...the only unfortunate thing is how bent down the Hydrangeas are.  I suppose it's a small price to pay.


 


 Next to this Annabelle I sprinkled some Cosmos seeds in Spring and now they're blooming. I'm not sure why I chose orange  because I already have enough of that colour in my garden. I used to have Cosmos ( pale purple) and they self-seeded every year. Until one year none came up.

Droplets of water on Lady's Mantle

 I took advantage of the coolness today and did some baking. I made a baked rice pudding with raisins,  and cheese biscuits. Forgot to take pictures so here are some from the 'net.  Since the oven was already at 400* I decided to set it to self-clean when I was done baking. I don't clean it more than maybe twice
a year. In between I try to wipe up any spills.



Thanks for visiting today,  GM


11 comments:

  1. We only got .06 of rain. That is 6/100s, not nearly enough. Disappointing.
    I cleaned my oven this week too, on a warm day with doors and windows open. I do it very seldom and it needed it.
    Your baking looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so frustrating when self-seeding plants fail to self seed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flowers, white, orange and every color!

    We also have after a long period of dry and very hot days now some rain and it is cooler now. The forest and all plants were urgently waiting for the rain. In the south of Europe forests are burning ..

    I always love rise made with milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your flowers. We received a storm yesterday with a fantastic rainbow afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love rice pudding....and I also love cheese biscuits! Wish I lived closer, so at least I could smell the heavenly smells coming from your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I bet your plants will feel refreshed by the extra watering. I hope the hydrangeas can right themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did good baking! Here we have also rain and it is cool this morning 16C nice after the heat! I must also clean my oven in between self cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a rainy day, so I can imagine how happy you were. Makes one want to "whistle while they work."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are so lovely. It's probably the one thing I miss about having a yard. I miss my flowers. But there is a lady here that has pots of plants all over the condo grounds. You can see her out there everyday, deadheading the flowers and snipping off a bit here and there. She's lived here 15 years and loves the place and still having flowers to tend.
    Your cheese biscuits look so yummy. They make my mouth water just looking at them!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear there was rain in BC. It is sorely needed. How pretty the hydrangeas are. I hope they stood up again soon.

    We've had several thundershowers on our travels - very intense!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Morning glories are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete