Friday 21 July 2023

Peaches

 

One of the pleasures of summer is the abundance of fruit available. GD Kate and her partner drove up to the Okanagan* and brought back a box of peaches for us. They were just 2 or 3 days until ripe and were so tasty.


 I made a very rustic peach pie and some jam. The pie would not win any prizes for looks but it was so good ( with a bit of ice cream on the side).  There were some left for eating and we enjoyed them. (Now they're all gone).


 I never used to drink plain water. I found it very Blah. Now I keep a handful of fresh mint in the pitcher and it makes all the difference. I have several kinds of mint. Today the one I cut was Chocolate. Not that I find it tastes like chocolate but it is a little different from the others.


 * The Okanagan is a region in the Canadian province of British Columbia. It's known for its wineries and fruit orchards.

Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. I have trouble drinking plain water, too. Thanks for the tip.Maybe I can up my game in the drinking department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fresh fruits of summer too. We have fresh cherries here as long as they are available, and I buy nectarines every week. We have raspberries and black berries in our own patch right now. We just eat them all fresh. We don't make or eat jam anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those peaches in the punnet look delicious ... enjoy your jam and pie :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint water is so good........here we also put cucumbers with mint in water........so refreshing. Your peach basket looks wonderful and your homemade goodies from the peaches must be so delicious! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy looking peaches! We have the Okanogan Valley in Washington too. I'm guessing it's a continuation of your Okanogan. :-)
    The pie and jam look so good. I do miss our apples and peaches in Greenbluff in Washington. So good.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my daughter lived in Smithers BC, she used to ahve fruit from the lorries that came up from Okanagan. Peaches...how delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cucumber water...refreshing!
    Ever tried peach water?
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. The peaces really look very fine and tasty! It's nice: today I met my two sisters and my eldest sister had make a VERY fine peach-cake! It still was warm and had a wonderful taste! Connected with you from peach to peach Bavaria-Canada!
    My daughter in law often prepares such kind of "summerwater" with different leaves, fruits or plants. . Very nice! On hot days I prefer cold water with a little bit lemon. When it is not a hot day, I prefer warm or hot water.

    ReplyDelete