Monday 10 July 2023

Monday

 The lake was calm and the sun was trying to shine when we walked at 7 this morning. Not many ducks or geese around, just an occasional bunny or squirrel.


 When we got back DH left and I continued doing laundry ( which I started last night just to get a head start.) A once-a-year chore I don't look forward to is the washing, starching and ironing the shams and pillow covers of the pillows that I like to pile on the bed for the daytime. I love the look and I know it isn't that big of a job but I still don't like to do it.  I make my starch by boiling up cornstarch and a large quantity of water then after I've washed the covers I dip them in the starchy water and hang them to dry.  In order to avoid the marks left by clothes pins I hang them over the lawn swing.  A friend sewed these shams some 30 years ago and they are so well made. Once I get them all back on the bed I'll take a picture.


 Once I got that done I went out to do some weeding. Continued until my back said STOP.  Now I'm in and about to have a cup of coffee.
What's your Monday look like?  As someone else said  Curious minds want to know.


Thanks for coming by,  GM

 


 



8 comments:

  1. My husband had an appointment with our financial advisor this morning and I took our grandson to his summer football workout session. We stopped by Dunkin Donut for a cold drink and a Boston Creme donut, came home and now we're resting from our "busy" morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your double yard swing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good night, dear Granny Marigold! You did excellent work! I know how it is, when we have to do a work, which we don't want to do, but it is a good feeling, when it's done and we can praise the Lord giving us the idea and power for this work. You know, Monday is also cleaning-day for me. My washing-machine was also very active. The weather is dry and hot, and so I could wash blankets a lot! I'm very tired now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, to think when I was growing up that all our clothes were starched and ironed. I definitely learned the skill of ironing at a young age. I like those pretty layers on my bed too, but don't starch them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat! I know about starch and washing but have never done it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feel of starched linen, and often used to starch big linen table cloths for Christmas parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely lake! Oh girl, you did have a job with getting those beautiful shams sparkly cleaned. I would have had several cups of coffee after that! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are a rarity these days, starching anything!

    ReplyDelete