Saturday 22 July 2023

Tiger Lilies, Soup, and an Accident

 Another lovely warm day. One of the things we wanted to do was drive out into the country and buy more blueberries. There is such an abundance this year that the price keeps coming down. We bought another 25 pounds ( most will be shared with our children).

My Tiger Lily loves the sunshine and more than half her blooms are now open.


I know soup is considered more a Fall and Winter meal but we enjoy it in all seasons. This time I made Borscht which is a soup of Ukrainian origin and  has dill, tomato, cabbage and beets as  important ingredients. I didn't have any beets but the soup turned out just fine. (That's sour cream on top.)
 


 Middle Son was on his way home from work yesterday when a car full of young people came straight through a stop sign, not even slowing down,  hitting the truck so hard it spun around and ended up facing the opposite direction.  MS has a sore chest ( from his seatbelt) otherwise he fared better than the driver of the other car. We're thankful that nothing more serious occurred.
Here the truck is already on the tow truck.


I'm off to have some of the leftover soup. Thanks for visiting,  GM


18 comments:

  1. Scary... so glad your son is okay after that accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! that would have been so scary!!! glad he is OK! Borsht is such a delicious soup! yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....so sorry to hear about your son's accident. Thank God he was not more badly hurt. I pray for those in the other car too. It's amazing some people survive thru those younger years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young people and cars.....dangerous. So glad your son is not badly hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! So happy your son is ok!!!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  6. His truck is a wreck. I'm glad he isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad he was not injured! Your flowers are beautiful. My DIL is from Moldova and often cook Borscht.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shock. Car accident.
    Good thing nothing bad happened to your son.
    It's terrible when some of them don't drive concentrated in the car.
    Your lilies are beautiful.
    I picked black currants in the garden and I am happy about it.
    Many greetings to you and all dear wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that he wasn't hurt more. The truck sure took the brunt of the hit didn't it? People drive so crazy here too. I don't. understand it.
    Your soup looks delicious although just the thought of making soup in this heat sounds yucky. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a scare that must have been for him but so grateful that he wasn't seriously injured though he must have been pretty shook up! Please let him know we are thinking of him!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to hear that he is alright after the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks goodness your dear son is okay! What a drama! I'm shocked to see the photo.
    Good to stay calm and eat some rest of the wonderful Borscht! I love the white dip on the top of the soup and we do often the same. Soup in the summer is good for to get enough water for the dry body. We often have some soup in different variations. Good idea to try some Borscht.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOO Happy your son is okay!!! How scary!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy, that is scary. I am so glad your son wasn't seriously injured.
    Soup looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love soup any time of year! So glad you MS wasn't badly hurt, his truck looks bad. :( Love you tiger lilies, I used to have a flower bed full of day lilies, they were so pretty when in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tiger lilies (they remind me of my grandmother who loved to have them in her garden). What a shock for your son, and I am so glad that he is alright. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So scary with the car accident. So good that he was not badly hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my mercy! So thankful for his hedge of protection from the Lord dear GM. I love tiger lilies and yours are so very pretty. Oh I wish I had a yard full. Hugs and blessings, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete