Saturday 12 August 2023

My Week

 This past week went by so fast. We had a couple of cooler days, even a few drops of rain but now we're back to hot.  This is the weekend of our big Airshow so in addition to the heat we have a lot of noise. Somehow, after Airshow weekend, it seems summer is on its way out. Since Autumn is my favourite season I'm okay with that.

Eldest daughter and Youngest Son brought me 2 pails of blackberries. I made 11 jars of jam as well as blackberry crisps.


 On our morning walks we could see that the level of the water in the lake is slowly going down.  It would be a good time to dredge out those water lilies!


There's a Heron sitting on a stump in the shallow water. It's hard to see it.


 In the flower garden the Phlox are doing well in spite of no watering. The Morning Glories are also still doing well. In fact they're invading the Phlox. Notice the one on the right of the picture?



That was my week. It was a good one and I hope yours was as well. Thanks for coming by,  GM



14 comments:

  1. The blackberries looks so good, and great to have made 11 jars of jam! I love blackberry jam, but don't have any berries. Your flowers are still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love phlox! And Fall can't get here soon enough! I hate the heat...supposed to be 105 here today.
    Have a sweet day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely week! Phlox is one of my favourite flowers, the scent...mmm...
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you are talking my language! Blackberry Jam... not that store bought mess but some good ole homemade. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week you had. Love your garden. I'd sure love some of that jam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fall too but it goes by much to quickly.
    We have had so much rain that all bodies of water are high and running fast. But my flox is doing well too.
    Our black berry bushes didn't produce because of all the rain
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blackberries! Yum! The wils ones don't seem to be ripe here yet, and many are just drying up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty bunch of Phlox I bet they smell good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golly, I hope you're right about August being the last HOT month. It's been miserable here, but then it seems to have been miserable about everywhere. The blackberry jam sounds delicious. I don't think I've ever had homemade blackberry jam. My Grandma used to preserve strawberries and rhubarb/strawberries to make jam. Yum!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh, those blackberries look good! I really want to bake a pie soon... thinking maybe when my daughter and granddaughter come for a short visit later this month. A peach pie would be good, or a berry pie, or... an apple pie? Our local Gravenstein apples are ripe now, and someone brought boxes of them to church today to share.

    GretchenJoanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. We must go on holidays beginning of September we also have nice and cool weather by the sea, but I will be glad at the arrival of Autumn my favourite season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You love autumn: This is a good inspiration for me!
    I love Phlox!!! The morning-bells look friendly, like faces :))))
    Waterlilies in such a big amount are really not so nice..
    Yes, I can realize the Heron, when I know, where this fine bird is sitting. God eyes you have!

    After several cold and rainy days it is hot here in the Bavarian Forest again, too. Good water is more and more precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nearly I've forgotten to say, that the blackberries are ripe here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like blackberries but no one else here does. Oh well 😐 your flowers are lovely

    ReplyDelete