Sunday 20 August 2023

Thoughts on a Smokey Sunday

 

 


 

 Our hot and dry weather continues. I moved the chocolate chips out of the pantry and into a cooler spot but didn't think to move cookies.  For a bought cookie I like the chocolate covered digestives but when I opened the box I found they had melted enough and stuck together.  ( In that case it counts as eating  a single cookie, right?)

Remember this house near Abbotsford that is for sale for a mere  $ 4,485,000?  I found out that it has 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.  No buyer as yet which is not surprising.

I also posted pictures of the style of houses being built around our neighbourhood  Like this one...right next door.  The style I don't much like at all.


I started to think what style appealed to me and came up with a few.  I like them all but if I had to choose one it would be the first one. I like the fishscale shingles in the gable end and the bit of stained glass in the window.  Which would be your choice?





Enough of my ramblings. In a short while we're off to a party. We'll celebrate in spite of the smoke that is making breathing difficult and be thankful that we haven't had our homes destroyed by the wildfires.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.. I appreciate them all.  GM

17 comments:

  1. I love the blue house with the white fence. It just screamed to me, "Come on in!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed your party.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all 4 of the houses you like!!
    Wow what a huge house that first one is!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think the green and white cottage with the cute little window on top would be my choice. Much more charming than the ‘modern’ new homes….IF…you ask me! Happy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore that cute blue house with the white picket fence. I do pray that relief comes quickly from the wild fires. Oh mercy! We had a wild fire in our area once and I could barely walk outside. Makes breathing hard. I hope you enjoy the party and have a wonderful week dear GM. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your first photo is an indication that you are turning your heart towards Autumn. It's not hard to wish for with all the heat and smoke everyone has been experiencing.I think if I were choosing a house I would pick the second one. I love the roof line and the lovely french window doors. I hope you enjoyed your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the second house...it looks like a sweet little cottage! I never heard of Digestive cookies....hope they're OK even though melted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and happy Sunday. I hope your party was a fun one. I like the third house because of the porch and the screen door on the last one. I do miss having a wooden screen door to slam when the kids, (and grandkids), run in and out.
    The fires are just awful around Spokane. We have several good friends that have had to evacuate their homes and don't know the outcome yet. We've heard the winds are strong today and pushing the fires towards even more of our friends homes. Very scary. Take care of yourself and watch that air quality.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your pick also, but would add more porch. The second one has great style but no porch at all:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the chocolate digestive. This house is huge! I prefer the blue and white one, no cube houses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first three houses but the second one calls to me the most! I think it’s the slightly overgrown quality to it. The fourth one is too tidy and in desperate need of a welcoming garden instead of a manicured lawn. -Sheila 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. O yes, we hear here in Europe about fires and heat in your country! I like your humor about the chocolate cookies :)
    I can really imagine, that nobody is able to live in such a big cold castle ! The three romantic small houses are inviting me friendly. I prefer the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smokey here too, but improving this Monday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope they get those fires under control soon so sad. I love that little 2nd one I could curl up with a cat and a tea in there and be very happy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's hard to choose, but I think I like best the second one down, of the attractive ones, the one with the aqua window trim. That gigantic house... What were they thinking? Who were they thinking would want that? A B&B? A very large and multi-generational family? There aren't many of those who want to live together anymore. I would think that people with that much money would spend it elsewhere. How long has it been on the market?

    GretchenJoanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you enjoyed the party!
    Love the green house!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete