Saturday 19 August 2023

Saturday Walk and Some Baking

We walked by Willband Creek again this morning.  Our air quality is bad due to all the wildfires but we weren't about to miss our walk. We saw a number of rabbits and a large flock of Cedar Waxwings.  They were too high up in the tree for me to get a proper picture so I took one off the internet. The first pic is one another walker took.


 


 Earlier in the week we bought some peaches ( they were rather small and not as lovely as these are.)
Nevertheless I made a peach pie. DH made the pie dough.( My arthritic hands have trouble with that.)


While the oven was on we made two Banana loaves ( or breads). There was too much batter so the extra went into a little ramekin.   The reason the loaves look different is because DH put them into the oven before I had a chance to sprinkle topping on the second one.   I sure appreciate his help in the kitchen. But he gets ahead of me sometimes :)
 

Thanks for your visit today, Have a lovely Sunday.


Granny M


6 comments:

  1. I love your baking....everything always looks so tasty! Nice that you have a helper too! Enjoy all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you can work together in the kitchen 🥰❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Cedar Waxwings here for a long time. They are so beautiful.
    That banana bread would be great for my breakfast!
    Smokey skies have now arrived in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the baking looks so good!!! I'd love some of everything. :)
    Morning walks are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing what you’ve come with next in the kitchen! I love to bake but I also love to eat it too much. How lovely your hubby helps you…what a fun day you’ve had! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete