Thursday 10 August 2023

Thursday Chit Chat

 

 

It's a coolish day with a drizzle that isn't doing much good as yet. We skipped our morning walk and were at the grocery store right at 7 when it opened. After DH left I did some housework then went out to take care of Cinnamon Bun ( my bunny). Last week one morning when I went out there the door to her house was open and she was nowhere to be seen. Panic!!  Luckily she wasn't too far away and was easily picked up and put back safely. We couldn't figure out how the door got opened but that evening my son saw 2 raccoons in the back and it is possible that they jiggled the door enough so it came open. Fortunately raccoons don't eat bunnies. They are such curious creatures though and they do get into things.

While tidying up I was rearranging some really old magazines catalogs that I hadn't looked at for a long time. Needless to say instead of tidying them up I sat and looked at them.   I believe this catalog was from 1958.


Thanks for visiting,  GM







14 comments:

  1. Glad you found your bunny. I found a stack of old magazines too this week while cleaning out but they are not as old as your or as wonderful
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear Cinnamon Bun was okay!! I love your old magazines, they reminded of my Momma♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those waistlines are something else! looks like the models are drawn rather than photographed. I don't think they had photo shop yet then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure glad you found your bunny!!
    How fun to look at the old catalogs and see the prices too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to look at those old catalog pages. I remember the excitement when the new catalogs used to come....especially the Christmas catalogs! So glad your bunny was safe. We lost 2 beloved pet ducks to a raccoon last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read an article that said that yes, raccoons will attack and kill rabbits, along with many other animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those skirts and dresses and I would REALLY love to have one of those waistlines! How fun to find those old catalogs. I would have sat and looked through them too. I'm glad your bunny was close by. Those racoons can be little stinkers can't they?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found your bunny!!
    And I do the same thing! I find something I hadn't seen in a long while and I'll sit down and look through it! lolol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the magazines! And happy you found the rabbit again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Jaunty Petal Pushers...I wondered if they used the term petal pushers and they did! Fun to look at...oh those tiny waists:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thanks goodness, that your bunny was safe! Really: you can carry it soft on your arms, wonderful! Raccoons come slowly more and more also in our region. They are cheeky robbers, so I am released to hear, that they did not like to eat your Cinnamon Bun.
    The skirts are beautiful! Maybe they will be actual later again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How interesting to look at the old catalogs. I recall my mama made my sister and me dresses. She made some skirts like those in the catalog. I think those skirts and dresses were pretty. So glad the rabbit is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treasure! Those waistlines, it is not only now there is a pressure to look slim :) It says regular and extra sizes, well, they didn't show the extra sizes. Also a catalog tells history. I would have loved to see a catalog from when I was young! So good you found your bunny.

    ReplyDelete