Sunday 17 December 2023

Decorating with Books

 

 


 
Happy Sunday!!  We just came back from our walk. The sky had such pretty clouds...not the kind that will give us more rain. On our walk yesterday we saw many swans some flying over and lots on the water. Today we didn't see anything very interesting but still it's good to get out in the fresh air and get some much-needed exercise.

I was thinking beyond Christmas decorating and browsing on Pinterest.  I've never thought of choosing books for their covers but looking at these pictures I just might do that in the new year.



This one is both beautiful and also looks interesting.

 

The latest about Kitty....  She's very upset with us for "torturing" her ( with the necessary cleaning of the area and also giving her her medication)  but hopefully our efforts will be successful. She is confined to the garage and isn't happy about that either. This morning she slipped past DH and got out.  It took a while ( and food) to lure her back in.

We lit the third Advent candle  this morning. Christmas is almost here !!! 💚💛🔅💠✳✳🔅.

Thanks for visiting







11 comments:

  1. When daughter Jill and the gang were here yesterday we heard all about their kitty issues. Vet bills for both of them$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty books. I would love to choose books for their covers, but mine are a motley mixture of paper and hardback, of various degrees of attractiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that although Kitty isn't happy, you are able to give her the medicine an treat the owie. Those books are really pretty. Ours are all in the bookcases in the guestroom. We have a lot of them!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Kitty came back! A Miracle!!Thanks goodness!! She is wonderful and her human family too! Best wishes!!!!! 💚💛🔅💠✳✳🔅

    Nice book-decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books sure do have pretty covers.
    I haven't seen swans in a very long time and don't think I've ever seen them flying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope kitty gets better quickly.
    I love getting out in the fresh air for a walk. Heavy rain for us tomorrow.
    Happy advent
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few years ago I got inspired from another blog to look through my books with an eye to their cover designs. You make me want to do that again. I have a few times been inspired to buy a book because of its cover -- but only if I am in a bookstore, which is a rare occurrence. And I know that some covers are a hindrance to me, an aspect of the book I might have to ignore, if for some reason I am determined to read the text in spite of its packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try looking for pretty covers at your local Used bookstore...lots of titles there.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are very interesting covers. Your eye is certainly drawn to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those books do look pretty ...
    Wishing you a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not tried decorating with books, but I have seen several YouTubers do it and it always looks quite nice. I'm just not sure how creative I would be with it. I'll look forward to viewing yours in the new year if you decide to do it definitely.

    However, I did receive two books in the mail today and one of them made me think of you. I ordered The Invincible Miss Cust from Thrift books. I look forward to reading it sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete