Tuesday 19 December 2023

Mini Lemon Curd Cookie Cups

 

Here we are on this last week before Christmas. Not much is left to do so I decided to make more Lemon Curd Cookies ( which actually look more like tarts than cookies).  I was pleased with how the recipe turned out, actually looking like the picture on line.  Those I filled before freezing but this last batch I froze unfilled because I haven't bought my lemon curd yet. I do have what I'd need to make my own but with the price of eggs plus the possibility that my curd wouldn't taste as good as bought, I thought I'd make things nice and easy for myself and just buy another jar.

 


 I began reading this book yesterday and it looks like it will be very interesting. It takes place during the time of the Spanish Flu ( 1918-1920)  I assume that the author did her research and that she based her book on facts. Nevertheless I plan on looking up some information on that dreadful era.


 So I'm going to pour myself another cup of coffee and read. Thanks for taking time to visit today.

 


 





13 comments:

  1. Lemon curd is yummy, second only to chocolate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute and look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything lemon is my favorite! They look wonderful.
    Interesting read
    Merry Christmas
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lemon curd cookie-tarts look and sound delicious! The book looks like it could be good, but depressing? Let us know how you liked it. Merry Christmas Granny, to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lemon curd cookies looks really good. Dennis loves anything lemon. I should make him some lemon snow bars. He really likes those but neither of us need the sugar.
    The book looks really interesting to me. I've always like reading "real" history of that time period.
    Take care and have a great Wednesday!
    Blessings and hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lemon curd cookies/tarts look wonderful and you are making me hungry for lemon curd. :) I seriously need to pick some up the next time I'm in the store.

    I've added The Orphan Collector to my wish list. :-) I have seen a few things about that time, but it's been a while.

    Enjoy your cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little pies are so pretty and i know they taste amazing.
    Merry Christmas!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum to the lemon curd cookie cups.
    I have read that book and several others by the author. I enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lemon curd cookies look tasty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoyed your tea ... I'm just about to put the kettle on and make one :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have quite a few lemons around here this month, and then my neighbor offered me more, and I couldn't say no... You reminded me that I'd wanted to make lemon curd; maybe I will even do that today. The Lemon Poppyseed Sandwich Cookies I've got the dough and filling ready for, in the fridge; but that recipe didn't use any lemon juice, only lemon zest and lemon extract. So I've got juice left over from that project, and if I make lemon curd I'll have egg whites left over from that recipe. If only I were making Royal Icing the same day, things would work out better, with no waste. I'll have to get creative....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fine to bake such nice lemon cakes for Christmas! All will enjoy!
    The title of the book and picture look interesting and adventurous.
    I see you celebrate some nice coffee and reading: This is very right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lemon curd cookies look sooooo good. I love anything lemon. I'm going to take a look at that book, my turn for bookgroup is in a few months and I'd like to choose something new. That time period was awful, but it was just a precursor to what we experienced with Covid. People (sadly) died, then they got sick and tired of the govt telling them they had to wear masks, so they didn't. Hopefully we're smarter this time around,

    ReplyDelete