Saturday 16 December 2023

Poor Miss Kitty

 


 Poor Miss Kitty has had a hard week. She developed a big abscess on the side of her face which the vet had to drain. As you can imagine she hated the procedure. To make her life even more confusing we have to give her antibiotics twice a day. Now she hides from us when she sees us coming. Poor Kitty.


I sometimes wonder how other bloggers chose the name for their blog. The time has come for me to tell you the very short tale of why mine  is called Granny Marigold when my name isn't Marigold.  When my youngest granddaughter was about 5 she gave me that name so when I began blogging it seemed a good choice for a name.  I've been trying to sign my comments, especially those that come up anonymous, as GM which I still am because my first name is Mary Jane.  So there you have it. 

I'd love to hear how you chose the name for your blog
( assuming it's not obvious)

Sheila has asked us over for later today to see her apartment all decorated for the season. 

DH says a big Thank You for all the birthday wishes.

Have a good rest of the day ❤❤❤   GM

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Awww...poor kitty. It's so hard when our pets our ill and we have to give them medicine.

    I love how you chose the name for your blog! I actually had wondered how you did that, because I knew your name wasn't Marigold. I chose the name of my blog from Psalm 16:11 because I truly am the most joyful when I am in His presence through His Word and prayer.

    Have a wonderful remainder to your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor kitty.
    We live right in the middle of many oaks and we are in a hollow soooo Acorn Hollow
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess my blog name is obvious. Poor Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O poor Kitty! I feel with you and I feel with your friends, who do not want you to have any pain and distress!
    I hope, that you will accept anyhow the medicine and that your family is able to help you trough this hard illness. I really can understand the problem! I hope for a good end and best feeling soon again. O cats are so complicated! It's more easy to have 10 sheep than one cat!

    I love the name Granny Marigold for the blogs very much and the story about!! Mary Jane is a wonderful name.

    Best greetings to your lovely family and good success with Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice how yo chose your blog name. I guess mine is obvious because Life is Good. :) I came up with the name happyone because so many people ask me why I'm always happy. :)
    Oh poor MIss Kitty, hope she heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Miss Kitty heals very fast, for her and for you. I know how difficult it can be to give a cat medicine. They are experts at evading the medicine.
    I love how you got your name for the blog. It makes perfect sense to me. Mine is pretty easy. I'm Betsy Queen and life is pretty simple around here so, betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen was born.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor kitty. I enjoyed reading about how you chose your blog name. I chose mine because I was reading most craft and sewing blogs back then and wanted to join in. I've thought about changing it, but don't really know how.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Kitty. I enjoyed how you chose your blog name, sweet origin. My blog is terragarden because my name is Terra and I love to garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, poor Miss Kitty! Hope she feels better soon!
    I love the movie, Made in Heaven, starring Timothy Hutton. I had also just watched, What Dreams May Come, with Robin Williams, and loved them both. I had lost both parents by the time I'd turned 51 and was in a really "searching" mode...Made in Heaven won.
    Nice to know your real name, Mary Jane!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor kitty. I hope she heals fast. When I was in high school I worked as a counselor for a summer youth program. I never wore shoes back then and one of the head counselors nicknamed me Barefoot Contessa. I still don't like shoes but I'm not really a contessa so I just changed it to Barefoot Mom for my blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor kitty, do hope she heals quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete