Sunday 31 December 2023

Sunday Afternoon

 


 

We've come to the last day of the year once again.  I've left the tree up and I'm in no hurry to put it away.  Most of the other decorations are more wintery than Christmas so they too can stay where they are.
I hung my 2024 calendar up with all the birthdays and anniversaries written in the right spots. I'm as ready for the new year as I'll ever be.

I finished this book which is one of the ones I received for Christmas. It was not quite what I had hoped it would be but nevertheless pretty interesting.  It's the true diary kept by a shop assistant in a small village.  It's mainly about coping with the rationing during the Second World War.


As usual we walked this morning. The fog was quite thick at places but not so bad that we couldn't see the water. Swans were leaving the lake on their way to look for breakfast. It's thrilling to have them fly right over your head.

It's a quiet afternoon; DH is having a rest and I'm obviously here at my computer. Eldest daughter came by and worked some magic and now I can comment on any blogs once again. In fact I think I may not be anonymous any more. Must check that out.

Happy New Year to all who come by and read my scribblings  (and often leave lovely comments).




15 comments:

  1. May your New Year be filled with lovely things, peace and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🧨Happy New Year!🌴
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2023 has simply whizzed by!
    Sending my good wishes for a Happy and Healthy 2024.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new book actually looks like one I would enjoy too. We too are having a quiet Sunday afternoon though two grandsons are coming later for an overnighter. Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be taking down the Christmas decorations tomorrow. I made it to New Years Day. :)
    Good news about comments!!!
    Happy New Year to you and your family. Happy Walking in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post. I'm so glad that your daughter stopped by and took care of the problem with commenting on blogs. I wish you and DH a wonderful start to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you too. It sounds like you've had a lovely day today. We went to church and I was in the nursery with four little ones. Then we had a potluck lunch. I've been walking a dog for a lady at our old apartment building. She had surgery and isn't allowed to walk Lucy yet. I've been going over three times a day to walk her which is pretty time consuming with the drive time. I went over after church and again this evening. A quiet evening is planned.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took down the tree yesterday and resolved that I would never put up another plastic tree. I left the sprigs of rosemary, pine cones and dried orange slices that are scattered about. I am still anonymous on some blogs. Do you have any suggestions? Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you Granny. Thank you for your wonderful posts all year long...I have greatly enjoyed them. God Bless You as we sail into 2024. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You find the loveliest quotes :)
    I enjoy following your blog and love hearing about your adventures. I hope 2024 will be a really happy one for you. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year. You sound very organized and ready for 2024. We walked around Mill Lake yesterday (Saturday) and enjoyed some of the bird life. Back on the Island now after a good visit with family.
    Good news about the comment issue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news: You can comment in all Blogs again and without "anomym" !!! Thank you very much and best greetings to your eldest daughter! She really is a magic artist!! I LOVE the winter-trees and landscape of the last day of the year you show here. I wish you and all your wonderful family a blesses, healthy and happy new year! I'm also ready for the new year more than usual. The shelter of the Lord was watching over us till now and will be with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! Glad your daughter was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We got out for a short walk Sunday, the first in quite a while. Today we took down the tree, but we will take our time getting everything put away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That book looks interesting, I am going to have to seek it out.

    ReplyDelete