Wednesday 13 December 2023

Hand Crafted Items....

 

 ...made by others. As I've often said, I am not one to do handwork. I did cross stitch for years but that's the only one I've done.  Eldest daughter, on the other hand, is very gifted in different areas from water colours to working with stained glass ( my house has many stained glass windows and smaller projects that she has made).  She brought me this swag for the front door a while ago. I don't think I've shown it before. She also painted the wood slice below.

I love to browse in thrift stores and find lovely things that others have made, such as pot holders. Here  are my Christmas ones.  Some of the ones in the last picture are almost mug rugs but if they have a hanging loop I assume they're pot holders.



I'm baking bread on this wintry morning and also a cake for a special day tomorrow. More on that next time.


Thanks for visiting,



 

10 comments:

  1. I love hand made things also. So I can do others I can't. But you can bake and that is the best talent of all.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swag that your daughter made. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have such a talented daughter. The swag looks gorgeous on your white door.
    Your pot holder collection is lovely. It's always fun to come across such treasures.
    Anxious to hear about this special cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christ is near! So let's expect him with fine cakes and decorative work. You do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is certainly talented! I love the swag on your door and the beautiful plaque too. I bet the bread smells great baking in your house and a special cake? Do tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very talented daughter, my friend. That swag is beautiful, as is the painting she did on the wood. So pretty! Looking forward to hearing about the special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful door swag and painting. Your daughter is cetainly talented, but...so are you. You bake so much and make such delicious looking goodies. I would love to come have a treat and cup of tea with you my friend. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep forgetting to ask this. I would love to have your address if you would be willing to share it. My email is queenbetsy2@gmail.com
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is talented! Love the swag!
    The potholders are beautiful! I love the quilting ones!
    I know the bread was good!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful to make things yourself and I imagine you've done some lovely cross stitch work in the past... maybe you'll find something to show off.
    I myself have knitted a lot and now I sew a lot.
    These pot holders are beautiful and made with some effort...
    Your door decoration is wonderful, including the wooden disc.
    Have fun baking cakes... and yes, I'm excited.
    A hug for you from Viola

    ReplyDelete