Wednesday 6 December 2023

Shopping

 

Sheila and I went browsing at some Christmas stores yesterday.  This post has many pictures.  Feel free to skip past if you don't care to see a lot of pretty stuff.  Here's me at the first shop; I think this one had the most variety of the ones we visited. It's out in the country and very small and only open in the Christmas season.

 


 

 








 It's hard to see but the black lantern on the right with the Christmas tree in it was one of the items I chose. One of my sons had given me a gift card to this particular store so I had to choose. My but it was hard. The lantern lights up and there's a fan inside that makes glitter swirl around.

By the time we came to this store I was getting tired.


Today I have to make my Christmas Stollen.  DH has a potluck luncheon tomorrow and I want to send one along. Maybe I'll do a few more Christmas cards and a load of laundry. There's always something that I can do.  After lunch I'll put my feet up and relax. I hope you find time to do that too.

 

Betsy....my recipe for the Chocolate covered PB Balls with Rice Krispies  is readily available on line. There you'll have any instructions. My recipe card only lists the ingredients.  I've made the kind that has graham crumbs instead of the Rice Krispies. They are good too.


Thanks for coming by





16 comments:

  1. My feet are up right now for a few minutes before lunch. Today is a cookie baking day, and I am not up to my usual skill levels. It's hard work for me now, and Tom gets a lot of assignments. Most appreciated, he does all of the cleaning up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely shops with beautiful decorations. Nice looking around with you :). I like what you chose for your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! You are very lovely, too!!!! I like the laterns very much! I love the Christmas-season! My sister Gelia made the Christmas Stollen in "old style" (from Dresden) last Monday. It's special, delicious and really not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
    I just have a few more cards to write and get in the mail.
    I'm sure your stollen cake will be delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your trip with us with these gorgeous photos. Such a lovely place to shop and browse with it all decorated for Christmas. I can see why you had difficulty choosing what to purchase. The mouse wearing a tutu in the 2nd photo is adorable - mice are depicted as being so adorable in stuffed toys or in children's picture books but not near as appealing in real life!!!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lantern you bought sounds like a fun choice and all the Christmas items in the stores, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granny I love all your pictures from the Christmas shops.....I don't get out and about much anymore, except for Church....so loved seeing your beautiful pictures. I love what you picked out for your gift card too! I can remember walking around neat stores like that in the past....I miss it but just don't walk too well anymore. Glad you had that fun outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness there are so MANY goodies in that store. I like the lantern you chose and also the little red truck right by it.
    Thanks for the information on the chocolate peanut butter balls. I need a dessert for next Wednesday Bible Study so I may try them for that. Thank you again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to visit shops decorated for Christmas. I plan on doing so on Friday with a friend. Nice to see a photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is my idea of a fun day! The pictures you shared from the shops are beautiful! I really like the lantern you chose. You will have that memory of a gift from your son, plus the memory of a fun day of shopping with your daughter each year that you bring the lantern out. Oh my...you are a dear to make Christmas Stollen for your husband to take to his luncheon tomorrow! That's our favorite Christmas treat, but one that I have never attempted to make myself. We depend on Aldi for it. :) But I know that homemade has to be even better. Do you still have your post card collection? The picture of the Christmas kittens made me think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thoroughly enjoyed looking through that pretty shop. In fact I clicked on the photos for a closer look.
    The lantern you selected is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi GM! I tried some of that last year but I didn't like the flavorings. I guess I'm just a chocolate chip cookie person but I keep trying lots of British foods. LOL! Merry Christmas! xoPom Pom

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice shopping trip for you! Those trees are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how fun! Our fancy Christmas shop is gone now...owners passed away...
    Keeping busy here!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Love that black lantern. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, great memories! (c)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those Christmas trees. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete