Monday 30 September 2024

A Pleasant Walk

 


 As if you didn't know!!  We have had such a lovely September I hope October follows suit.

We had such a nice walk this morning. It's a holiday Monday so no Gleaners and that means no need to be in a hurry. ( On the days he volunteers he needs to leave by 8 o'clock).   DearHusband and I walked a different trail and dawdled along (like two old folks lol). 





After we got back we decided to take everything out of the pantry and wash down the shelves with vinegar/water since we still have Pantry Moths that come out almost every evening. I've tried home remedies but now I have also ordered actual Pantry Moth traps. These traps are supposed to attract male moths that get stuck on the sticky surface. Without the males our moth problem should come to an end.
Of course emptying the pantry meant some reorganizing. That part I don't mind. It's very neat now.

I hope your week is getting off to a good start. 

Karen: The holiday is called Truth and Reconciliation Day. It's just been around a year or two now.
It's to remember indigenous children who died in residential schools and other survivors.


Thanks for visiting,  GM

9 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your walk Granny...and lovely photos too...they really give an Autumn feel
    Im sorting my store cupboard this week too... ready for the pre thanksgiving and Christmas stock up. I hope you get your moth problem sorted...what a pain!
    Have a great week
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they are in something. One time I noticed moths in two unopened bags of rice! They went in the trash. I had them a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a moth problem in a bag of flour, so got a set of traps, but nothing has happened. So I hope they have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely walk. Mine was in the rain today but I didn't mind, my new waterproof shoes worked great!! What was the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Moths are a difficult problem to eliminate. They usually come with some food that you have bought. What you can do is: When you bring them from the Super, keep them in closed jars and if there are any, you will soon see them there and you will know where they come from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually was taken back when I read the "October begins tomorrow" . Where have I been? I didn't realize it...I had pantry moths a few years ago and they are no joke to get rid of. Good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall looks off to a gorgeous start in your part of the world. I just simple love fall. And Roger has been good from morning till evening, and I got a lot done. Let me rephrase that...I was busy all day. Which I find hard to want to do anything when he is not himself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy you that walk! Maybe in a few months I will be able to do the same.
    About those moths: we had them once and it was a job to get rid of them. I went through every single boxed, bagged or jarred item, checking closely for any sign of them or their larvae. We tossed anything even slightly suspect, then repackaged and put into sealed jars or in plastic bags in the freezer. Then scrubbed down the pantry. That finally got rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe that it's going to be October, tomorrow. I really do enjoy the weather this time of year.
    Good luck with your moth issue.

    ReplyDelete