Wednesday 11 September 2024

Fall Weather

 


 We are definitely enjoying Fall weather.  We walked in a light rain this morning but that has stopped and the temperature is 16C,  about 60F , so I'm wearing a cardigan and slippers and I'm so comfortable.

This weather calls for soup and since my tomatoes are producing abundantly I made tomato soup ( but please don't ask for a recipe because I don't use one). 



Our yellow Honeysuckle  didn't bloom at all this year but the red one did. I like how the white Clematis wandered over to mix with the red blooms.


Nothing much to blog about today. Sheila is dropping by for a visit after work. She often has packages delivered here to our house and picks them up and has visit at the same time. Today she will also leave with tomatoes.  It's so handy for her since the hospital is just 5 minutes away.

Thanks for visiting


13 comments:

  1. Yummy, tomato soup, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tomatoes now are finished ... Autumn also here arrived.. We expect heavy rain next days... Tomato-soup is a great idea! I'll try to copy your free kind of preparing it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like meeting other cooks who don't use recipes. I do occasionally, of course, especially when baking, but most often for other things, no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our temperatures have been in the 80s this week, but they are to cool down again this weekend, I believe. I'm ready for autumn!

    That tomato soup looks delicious! We really enjoy homemade tomato soup here.

    The red and white together looks so pretty with the Clematis and red Honeysuckle. Hope the remainder of your week is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Clematis and the Honeysuckle put on quite a show together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tomato soup looks delicious...and here I was just thinking about potato soup. I am a soup person...it does not have to be cold for me to enjoy it. Oh, and I was trying to remember how i used to make this broccoli soup. It was strange stuff but I so loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture of your flowers.....and the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homemade tomato soup...sounds delicious. You still have some beautiful blooms to enjoy. Sharing with others is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have been one of those asking for your recipe, LOL. That soup looks heavenly :)
    I too, love the crisp fresh feeling of the cooler air at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The combination of red and white flowers is very pretty. Enjoy your cooler temperatures and that homemade soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Clematis and Honeysuckle together.
    I know I'm strange but I have never liked tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soup in the fall/autumn is always welcome.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your honeysuckle and clematis look so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete