Saturday 21 September 2024

Salsa , Gourds, and Wax Melts

 I made salsa with some of my many tomatoes. As a rule DH doesn't care for salsa but he really likes this "recipe" which isn't really a recipe at all. I just had a list of what I used last year which was tomatoes, onion, sweet pepper, garlic and some peach slices that were in the fridge. I added vinegar, salt, sugar and some hot pepper flakes. Boiled it a long time and filled 4 small jars.

 


 At the grocery store I saw bags of gourds for $4 which seemed very reasonable.  I also found wax melts in lovely Autumn scents.  For some reason melting those does not bother me but burning any candle, even bees wax, makes it hard for me to breathe.


 Cinnamon sticky buns and Banana Toffee


 Tomorrow, September 22, marks the official beginning of Autumn. For me it began on September 1.

Sandy:  You wondered about the garden tea cups. The saucers are glued on to a base and the base onto a dowel that fits into a hollow tube.  The cups sit on the saucers because that makes them easier to pick up and wipe out. I tried gluing them onto the saucers but wasn't happy with that method. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for visiting, Thank you also for all the lovely comments that you all leave.
 



3 comments:

  1. I am just finishing up a small batch of spaghetti sauce using excess tomatoes.
    What a beautiful day is has been. We had a lovely time at a farmer's market by the sound this morning under bright blue skies, a great last day of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade salsa. And I love the decorative gourds...I always have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even the candles burning in church bother my husband. They have those little battery tea lights almost as good as burning a candle. :)

    ReplyDelete