Wednesday 18 September 2024

Garden Report

   

It's another lovely Fall day. I went out to dead-head the Coreopsis  along the driveway and decided I'd count how many I had to cut off. I thought I might reach a hundred but I was 8 short. Coreopsis are such faithful bloomers from Spring until Fall IF they're kept from forming seed heads. That means cutting off the dead blooms every couple of days.  Time consuming? Yes, but to me it's worth the effort.


Another faithful bloomer is this Bonica rose. She also has not stopped blooming all summer through the heat and drought we had ( I think I watered her twice.)


Endless Summer Hydrangea has also bloomed all summer but not has not had as many blooms as some years.

My many garden tea cups need wiping out. The bugs accumulate. You can see one in the front cup floating on the bit of water inside. 

Every year I sow Basil in a pot on the porch so it's handy to pluck leaves when I want them. This year the seed was slow to germinate in fact just 3 plants grew. This is the most pathetic excuse for a Basil plant but in spite of its looks it has provided leaves all summer. I've brought it in and set it on the kitchen windowsill.


We're still getting tomatoes and green beans from the garden.  Those have done very well.
That's the garden report for September 2024. 

Thanks for visiting.




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the garden report. It's fun to see what others are having success with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a better year than I have in the garden. But I do have a lot of Basil in the greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden still looks great. I've already started cutting all my brown dead ick...the fall clean up. Stuff bloomed to early here and didn't last as long as normal, the weather just wasn't good. Enjoy your flowers as long as you can. Your tea cups are adorable. Did you make them? Are they glued to the posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful garden 😍 my basil doesn't look much better this year. I don't know why as I have tended it per usual. I like your garden teacups and might have to use the idea.

    ReplyDelete