Friday 12 January 2024

Cold Weather and a new Microwave

 

 


It's a cold morning, much colder than what we normally have. The actual temperature is minus 15C but with the wind it feels like minus 27.  Needless to say we skipped our walk again. Hopefully this weather system will move on and we'll go back to more reasonable temperatures.
It's hard to keep the house warm with the north wind so strong. I find myself carrying one of my hand warmers around. ( My hands hurt more when they're cold.)

Our old microwave was getting slow and most annoyingly quit showing the time so we went to Walmart and found a nice new one which we more or less decided to buy. We went home and looked that model up on Walmart.ca and found that it was $40 cheaper. It was delivered right to our door 💗.

Seems like I got part of me in the picture. *smile*


I'm pleased that the new one is white and it looks better in my kitchen.

 I'm off to do some one-handed housework. LOL


Thanks for visiting.



11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a nice new microwave. Hope you'll stay warm and have a Happy New Year. I tried to comment with my blog: blueridgepoet.blogspot.com, but it wouldn't let me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is also cold here we had -5C but feeling -12C. Next week it will be a little warmer. Nice new microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that your hands hurt when they are cold. Is it from arthritis? Your new microwave looks identical to ours...only we have the black one. Our wind is unbelievable today...gusts of up to 80 miles mph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They need to make microwaves look better since they set out where all can see them. Love your white one, it looks nice on your cabinet. My microwave looks like a tank. lol I think your cold/freezing weather will be here on the SE Texas coast by Monday or Tuesday. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cold here too, holding steady 18F (-8C) with a light north wind. Tom is outside right now taking care of a large Fir bough that blew down. He may have to limit his time out there, but picking up boughs and putting them on the dahlia bed with keep him warm for a while Then it will be chain swa time.
    Your new microwave looks fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new microwave. Ours is white too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Granny! Sorry about your bitterly cold weather...we have that system coming in this Sunday for a full week. Ugh. Sorry about your microwave too, but the new one sure looks nifty! I love that Good Morning pic that you posted too. Stay warm and take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new microwave looks great. I like white also, looks bright and clean to me. Glad we're seeing more of it again, the white I mean. There for awhile everything was black. Sorry about those temps. I've been seeing clips of indoor walking on Facebook. Might be useful this time of the year to keep us moving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that new microwave looks great. Probably much more efficient too. Our son in Helena, MT just texted us that their temperature is -40 F. That's not the windchill, that's the temperature! You stay inside and warm my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of that storm system made it onto our News. Stay safe, keep warm, and enjoy your new microwave :)

    ReplyDelete