Saturday 27 January 2024

Rain and Haworthias

 We walked in light rain this morning. Normally on a weekend we'd walk somewhere other than close to home ( Mill Lake) but our other choices were flooded and it looks like the rain will continue for the next 4 or 5 days so flooded areas have no chance of draining. Below is a picture someone took of a lone tree close to a path at Willband Creek.


 While we were walking a great number of Canada Geese took to the air and passed quite low over our heads. There must have been a hundred or more. It was an amazing experience. They circled around the lake then flew South, no doubt looking for some breakfast. They'll be back this evening I'm sure.

 

My task for today was to repot my Haworthias. The biggest one ( in the yellow cup) is the mother/grandmother of the rest. They seem to do very well in a east window in my sun room.

Having done that I need to vacuum then the rest of the day is mine to do as I please.  My latest library book began to bore me so I gave up on it. I'll see if the other one is any better.

Thanks for visiting!  GM
 

15 comments:

  1. I had to look up Haworthias, not one I had heard of. Yours all look very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dark and rainy here as well. I find it challenging to be productive on days like this.
    Your plants all look very healthy.
    Hope your other library book is better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To have the geese flying overhead must have been thrilling. I will go take my walk right now, and see what surprises I encounter <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather was the same for me today. Good to pass up a book that doesn't hold your interest. Too many good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a big amount of rain! Climate sometimes plays crazy!!

    I can imagine the impression of the flying geese! Big and beautiful birds! I hope they have found their necessary meal..

    All the plants are in your house and garden are really in good loving hands.

    It's not necessary to read boring books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haworthias are fun and easy to grow, and multiply!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been good to see all the geese flying overhead.

    I hope your other library book will be a better read.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful place for a walk. The reflection on the water is gorgeous. I admire your green thumb for indoor gardening. I am not good with indoor plants. I either over water or underwater. I've killed so many that I've stopped bringing them home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading sounds like a great activity on a wet rainy day - I hope the second book is more enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not heard of Haworthias before now; yours look well. I can imagine how wonderful it would be to hear and see that many geese flying so low overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice walk sounds so good. It's wonderful that you were able to see Canada geese in such large numbers.
    The first flocks of birds can also be seen here... and geese are particularly beautiful because they can be heard from afar with their loud calls.
    Happy Sunday to you and warm greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I have to imagine that having the Canada geese flock over your heads was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We used to get Canadian Geese on our lake every year. Not so much anymore. Too many homes have been built along the shorelines now and the owners would chase them off their lawns. Sad. We still have the eagles though and it's always fun to watch them soaring overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading about the geese flying over during your walk made my heart yearn for spring. I love to be outside working in my flower gardens when the geese fly over each morning. I love to hear their honking. Your Haworthias look so healthy! Very pretty. I need to do the same thing with all of my African Violets but I'm having trouble finding the African Violet potting soil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your plants are looking good! I have a few I need to replant.

    ReplyDelete