Monday 22 January 2024

Monday

 The things that find their way to Face Book Marketplace never fail to surprise me. I haven't seen the witness stand for sale any more so I suppose someone bought it?  The latest unique item is this made-to-order side table and cat bed. Never used. I can't help wondering if the cat that it was meant for took a dislike of it? It obviously went in at least once or there wouldn't be a picture. Oh yes, it was priced at $150.

Many of us have trouble either falling asleep or staying asleep. I saw this article and am almost tempted to try it even though it sounds quite unlikely.

All you need is a quarter of a teaspoon  of nutmeg mixed with a bit of honey. You either eat it off the spoon or mix it with a bit of water. I'm surprised that warm milk wasn't what they recommended mixing it with. I have a friend who will drink a glass of warm milk if she can't sleep. ( No nutmeg).

As you can see I have nothing to blog about today hence the bits of silly trivia.

Thanks for coning by,   GM
 

13 comments:

  1. I guess it's worth a try if you can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My late MIL recommended hot milk with honey and ginger as a night time drink, one that I often use. I can't quite fancy a spoonful of nutmeg---maybe sometime when I'm desperate to fall asleep. A warmer day here and the snow softened and sinking into the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud when I saw the nutmeg honey trick a friend sent me the same thing but it was added to warm milk lol
    So I guess nutmeg and honey is the trick.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....sometimes it takes me hours to fall asleep.....so I guess I could try this! Thanks for an always interesting post, Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GM- the nutmeg and honey sounds good- I have trouble sleeping through at night- usually I sleep for an hour and a half at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do not like nutmeg! The cat bed/desk is very odd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...I just can't imagine the combination of an end stand and cat bed all in one. I'd want my cat on my lap. ~wink~ Thank you for the hint about the honey and nutmeg. I'm writing that down and plan to give it a try. I could have used it about 4:00 this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know there was a Facebook Marketplace. I can't decide if I want to check it out or not. I don't need a catbed table. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year to you. That is quite a nice made cat bed. I have a wonderful cat, but no matter what I buy for him, he usually doesnt care for anything except for where and what he himself chooses. LOL Maybe the nutmeg and honey will do the trick! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can remember my mother talking about warm milk and nutmeg to aid sleeping.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would mix the nutmeg and honey with warm milk, but I don't know if it would really help me get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our cats would sit on the top and totally ignore the bed! Concerning the nutmeg, be careful you don't take any more than that mentioned at any one time (it is recommended to only take a pinch as a sleeping aid). Too much nutmeg can be hallucinogenic and quite toxic to some people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I drink warm milk and honey never tried nutmeg

    ReplyDelete