Thursday 11 January 2024

Finding a Bargain

 

 


 I thought this was cute, not that we have enough snow to make even a small snowman. We got another dusting, that was all.

We did the grocery shopping this morning.  I found half-price glaced fruit ( the kind I use to make fruit cake and also fruit scones). It lasts forever so no danger of it going bad in my pantry. I have a year's supply now.

I've probably shown this little gadget before. I find it so useful for removing those irritating little pills

 ( fuzz) that happen on my sweaters.  After I washed this one it needed a going over so now it's fit to wear again.



It's another very chilly day.  A good day to get more tidying up done , then read :)


Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. Yum, I adore glace fruit! Half of it never even makes it into the baking LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying to get back into Google

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used some left over candied cherries in banana muffins, but they are still n the freezer. not sure what I'll do with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have here now any snow in the valleys of the Bavarian Forest, but it is cold like on the North Pole! Or maybe like in the desert Gobi in China..
    This snowman-tablet is sweet! Good humor :))))

    Good idea to collect some natural fruit-energy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's getting very chilly here and trying to snow, but there's very little coming down. It will be good to stay mostly indoors tomorrow, too, with the temps dropping. That's a very cute sign. I'm not a fan of glace fruit, but have a container in my pantry. I never thought of using it in scones - my husband would enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll gladly share some our our snow. Another blizzard on the way tonight and tomorrow. 9-11 inches of snow with -49F - -55F windchill. Yuck. I'm ready for that vacation! That sign is really cute though. I even got a smile from Dennis when I showed him. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the snowman sign. So cute! Good that you were able to find the glaced fruit at a reduced price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny snowman comic...and I need one of those de-pillers!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete